Blog Post #10

For this piece I first dipped the entire thing in shino. Once it dried I paintedĀ  flowers on the piece with the iron wash. Once that dried I dipped it again but this time in celadon.

For this one I dipped the whole thing in shino and with a paintbrush did splatter with theĀ  tenmoku glaze

This one I tried to do the inside tenmoku and the outside celadon but instead I messed up and put tenmoku in the inside and dipped the whole thing in celadon over top of the tenmoku.

This one I did an over lap. I first dipped more than half the pot in celadon then overlapped tenmoku over it.

I first dipped this in shino then make triangles with the iron wash

This one I dipped the entire thing in celadon and then did drips inside and out using the tenmoku glaze

I first dipped this in shino then dipped it in celadon and when it was still wet swiped lines with my finger.

This piece turned out nice. I liked how the iron wash turned out on top of the shino, it has a metallic look to it. During the firing it cracked a little on the bottom inside which was ok.

This piece turned out better than I thought it would. The splatter of the celadon on top of the shino turned out really well. I like how the colors conjoined during the firing from before the firing.

This one would have to be my favorite. At first I thought this would have not turned out the way it did, due to a mess up in the glazing. While it actually turned out really well. At first when glazing I dipped the inside in the tenmoku and wanted to just dip the outside in celadon, but accidently dipped the whole thing in celadon over top of the tenmoku. While it came out great in the end.

This one came out great after the firing. I wasn’t expecting it to look as good as it did. I like how the colors collided together and how the finger swipes came out.

This pot came out nicely in the firing. I wasn’t expecting the redness on the lip of the pot which I think is cool. I don’t know how it happened but maybe it wasn’t fully coated all the way in the tenmoku.

This one is a lot better after being fired. At first I didn’t even want to keep it before glazing it but Ms. A wanted me to. While I’m happy I did because it came out nice. I could have made the flowers look better but other that I’m happy with the outcome.

This pot is overall my favorite. I’m really happy with how the drips came out. While also with how the colors join together. It’s a nice color scheme and will go with a lot of things.